Skip to content
To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.
- The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
- Thou hast given him his heart’s desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.
- For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.
- He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.
- His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him.
- For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance.
- For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.
- Thine hand shall find out all thine enemies: thy right hand shall find out those that hate thee.
- Thou shalt make them as a fiery oven in the time of thine anger: the LORD shall swallow them up in his wrath, and the fire shall devour them.
- Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth, and their seed from among the children of men.
- For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, which they are not able to perform.
- Therefore shalt thou make them turn their back, when thou shalt make ready thine arrows upon thy strings against the face of them.
- Be thou exalted, LORD, in thine own strength: so will we sing and praise thy power.